Today, with more than 300 employees and a growing market share, König Kft. has more than 3,000 different windows and we are constantly adding new ones to our portfolio. We produce a wide range of windows for buses, trains, trams, commercial vehicles, and cabin windows, with a total yearly production of around 80,000 windows.
We have our own surface treatment plant, utilizing anodizing and powder coating technology to give our products a high-quality finish. We have the unique Qualicoat Seaside certification for railway products.
Our production area and warehouses cover an area of 8,500 m2 and 2,900 m2 respectively.
- Founded in 1991 by János Király, the company started manufacturing windows for the Hungarian bus manufacturer Ikarus and doing contract work for an Austrian client.
- Our own anodizing plant was established in 1998 in one of the production halls. The following step was a powder-coating equipment which allowed higher quality of surface treatment to be achieved.
- Our company acquired ACS patent to produce flush closing windows in 2012.
- The first production hall (1.100m2) was built in 1994 on the current site, followed by others.
- In 2003, our company terminated the subcontract with the Austrian customer and started to develop and manufacture its own windows directly for the target market.
- In 2007, we started to produce aluminium frames for trains and subways.
- The production hall, dedicated exclusively to the manufacturing of flush windows, was purchased and renovated in 2015 to meet growing customer demand.
- In 2021, we nearly doubled the size of our aluminium machining hall, which allowed us to expand our component production capacity.
- In 2022 through 2023, our DIN6701-compliant assembly hall was built.